UFC Drops Richie Hightower and Jordan Radev

Updated: January 7, 2008
hightower

hightower radev

According to MMA Agent Ken Pavia, the UFC has informed him that two of his have fighters, Richie Hightower and Jordan Radev, been dropped from the UFC promotion.

UFC matchmaker Joe Silva explains:

The day needed a pick-me-up so I called UFC matchmaker Joe Silva to check the progress of my guys’ fights. He said he was still working on it but then informed me they would be releasing two of them, Jordan Radev and Richie Hightower.

While I protested, he made good points. Jordan just lost to Dean Lister at the last UFC to bring him to 0-2 in the show. He is a Bulgarian Olympic wrestler who had killed it in Europe going 11-1.

Joe Silva said we would be doing a disservice to this kid to throw him into the 170 mix at this stage of his development. “He is young, so why ruin him?” I will keep this kid working for sure.

1. roy

January 7, 2008 at 8:19 am

sucks for richie at least he went out there and threw punches looked pretty good till he got caught.

2. kom34

January 7, 2008 at 8:24 am

i think its better for him to develop in another league rather than get beat in the ufc.

3. BRANDON

January 7, 2008 at 9:08 am

He just didn't show me a lot of heart in the ultimate fighter…so fuck him lol.

January 7, 2008 at 9:16 am

fuck jordan.. but i think richie looked good…

5. dane drebin

January 7, 2008 at 1:25 pm

i thgink richie showed a lot of heart he was ranked like second tot he worst and he did pretty good but im with kom34 he needs more experience outside the ufc

6. roy

January 8, 2008 at 1:54 am

i agree he needs more experience but the guy who beat him looks worse with just heavier hands.

7. dane drebin

January 8, 2008 at 4:10 pm

ya for sure troy will get killed in his next match for sure he is a turtle on his back