UFC Fight Night 16 “UFC Fights For The Troops” Results

kos-vs-yoshida-ufn-16

UFC Fight Night 16: “Fight for the Troops”
When: December 10, 2008
Where: Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, NC.

The main card will begin at 8 p.m. ET on Spike TV.

MAIN CARD

• Josh Koscheck vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
    Result: Josh Koscheck defeats Yoshiyuki Yoshida via KO (Punch) at 2:15 of R1.
  • Mike Swick vs. Jonathan Goulet
    Result: Mike Swick defeats Jonathan Goulet via KO (Punches) at 0:33 of R1.
  • Steve Cantwell vs. Razak Al-Hussan
    Result: Steve Cantwell defeats Razak Al-Hassan via Submission (Armbar) at 4:04 of R1. Referee forced submission.
  • Tim Credeur vs. Nate Loughran
    Result: Tim Credeur defeats Nate Loughran via TKO (Injury) at the end of R2.
  • Jim Miller vs. Matt Wiman
    Result: Jim Miller defeats Matt Wiman via Unanimous Decision. (30-26 x2, 30-26)

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Steve Bruno vs. Johnny Rees
    Result: Steve Bruno defeats Johnny Rees via submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:44 at R2.
  • Luigi Fioravanti vs. Brodie Farber
    Result: Luigi Fioravanti defeats Brodie Farber via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
  • Eddie Sanchez vs. Justin McCully
    Result: Justin McCully defeats Eddie Sanchez via Unanimous Decision. (30-27, 29-28 x2)
  • Corey Hill vs. Dale Hartt
    Result: Dale Hartt defeats Corey Hill via TKO (Leg Injury) at 0:20 of R2.
  • Ben Saunders vs. Brandon Wolff
    Result: Ben Saunders defeats Brandon Wolff via TKO (Strikes) at 1:49 of R1.

1. STEVEO

December 10, 2008 at 2:39 pm

OH SWEET crusty the clown gets another big win, what a tool !!!

2. Alex

December 10, 2008 at 2:52 pm

I can believe at one time I thought Goulet was going to be a great fighter. He has been shitty in his last few fights in the UFC. Thanks for the updates. I only got to see the Miller-Wiman fight before class.

3. richaaron

December 10, 2008 at 3:15 pm

Koscheck needs to shave his friggin' head already…

4. dane drebin

December 10, 2008 at 3:26 pm

who cares about kos' hair this is mma not beauty school

it makes him stand out and helps people recognize him with is important when trying to get big fights

he's a badass and dominates fights i could care less what he looks like

5. steve

December 10, 2008 at 7:28 pm

Now about the arguement where u would rather see a submission then a knockout or what was it get a submission instead of getting a knockout. Tell me the last time u seen a crowd and a fighter get that pumped up after a submission win. Knockouts r where it is at. Koscheck keeps hitting ppl like that I just mightstart rooting for him.

6. steve

December 10, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Oh yeah about Goulet he has a glass chin, Anything that connects will crack it. He has been dropped in about every fight he has stood up and swung in. It is no surprise to me and I actually called it when I saw the fight being introduced. I told my buddy Goulet is gonna get clipped in like 30 seconds and it will be over. But I can almost guarnatee anybody else that has seen him fight before thought no different.

7. zalbag

December 10, 2008 at 9:30 pm

I liked this better than UFC 89 almost every fight was exciting in this one.

8. zalbag

December 10, 2008 at 9:55 pm

Does anyone know if yoshida is ok ? I heard he left in an ambulance. Also this really was an incredible card. one broken arm, a broken rib an alien growth on a forehead this was the most violent card I think that I have ever seen.

9. Ryan S

December 10, 2008 at 10:14 pm

that was a pretty disgusting knockout by Koscheck. It sucks tthat he is so good. I really want to hate him, but he keeps kicking ass.

10. zalbag

December 10, 2008 at 10:37 pm

Ryan I felt the same way till this fight you have to admire a guy that people are trying to make go away> but he just wont.

11. richaaron

December 10, 2008 at 11:40 pm

Holy crap! There were some pretty friggin' brutal fights last night. Just saw this on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlmkbmb7IVU

12. T.R.

December 11, 2008 at 12:08 am

i watched that vid on youtube. ouch. great night of fights. i'm not sure about yoshida, he was down for a while. i hope he's ok.

December 11, 2008 at 1:00 am

i am be coming a Josh KOS fan ha..that was a beautiful knock out

December 11, 2008 at 1:01 am

Thank god Quick swick is back..i would love to see him fight alves and we who the best welter weight striker is..

Ben had a great knock out..

December 11, 2008 at 1:04 am

cantwell is a badass..i love how he boke the guys arm ha..his stand up looked great.. in 2 or 3 years cantwell will be be a ufc champ..he is olny just turned 22 and he was a WEC champ and his stand up looks great and his ground game is also there..

16. steve

December 11, 2008 at 2:03 am

Thiago Alves would KO Swick and so would koscheck. Swick beat a poor chinned fighter who is very easy to knockout.

December 11, 2008 at 3:45 am

Yea good point steve but still i dont think Koscheck would kill swick at all..

whats is going to happend to TOE 2 TOE gym..if thats the gym the tain out of called..

they have FITCH, KOSCHECK AND SWICK they are all pretty much in line after alves so i would like to say they all will be fighting each other soon

18. krage

December 11, 2008 at 3:49 am

Koscheck vs. Alves 2, with proper training on kos's side a rematch may turn into an epic. Now if you have seen the Goulet vs. Ludwig fight you would know he has a glass jaw, that fight was one shot one kill. And finally if you think sub's are boring you must have been playin with yourself while Cantwell was snappping dudes arm in half. just my 2 or 3 cents.

December 11, 2008 at 4:01 am

check it out its coreys legs…he broke it in half and it ser fucking gross

corey hill i wish the best for you man and i hope to see you fighting soon

20. TIM

December 11, 2008 at 8:53 am

Congrats to Kos…he needed this victory.

21. Ryan S

December 12, 2008 at 11:43 pm

I agree with Steve, I don't think that was really a good test for Swick. I think Swick is good, but not good enough to beat Alves.

22. Miko

December 16, 2008 at 8:23 am

anyone notice in the pic that dana is looking at Kos like he's thinking, "Lose this fight asshole, and you're gone!"