UFC Fight Night 21: Jon Jones vs Brandon Vera

Updated: December 16, 2009
jon jones knee

jon jones knee

A potentially exciting stand up fight between Jon Jones and Brandon Vera is in the works for UFC Fight Night 21. The news comes shortly after it broke that Antonio “Lil Nog” Nogueira broke his ankle and his been forced out of his UFC 109 fight with Brandon Vera.

The yet to be announced UFN 21 will likely take place on March 31 in Denver, Colorado and is expected to be preceded by the debut of The Ultimate Fighter 11 “Tito vs Chuck” reality show on Spike.

just found out I’m firing Jon Bones Jones on March 21st [Wrong Date] in Denver Colorado. hope u heard it here first!!!! [Twitter]

For the latest on UFC Fight Night 21, check out our MMA Rumors section.

1. derek

December 16, 2009 at 3:17 am

good luck brandon vera in retirement. vera didn't look the same since coming back from 1 year of inactivity. it couldn't even put randy couture to sleep. jon jones will knock vera out.

2. rory

December 16, 2009 at 4:09 am

bones by decision

3. roy

December 16, 2009 at 4:33 am

well it didn't get any easier for brandon, i like this match up better i didn't think lil nog should have been fighting brandon to begin with and this is a great fight for jones a better name and step up in comp that he should be able to handle.

December 16, 2009 at 4:47 am

poor brandon

5. Rez

December 16, 2009 at 9:27 am

This fight will certainly tell as to where my boy Brandon will be after March. He will either get beat and be tossed or win and rise the ranks again. I am with you Derek, Brandon was something else when he first came into the picture and then with the 1 year layoff something happened. He just hasn't been the same Vera as he once was. But I still stand behind one of my favorites…Go Brandon!

6. derek

December 16, 2009 at 10:57 am

i'm also a strong supporter of kerry vera. :)

7. Hall

December 16, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Good Luck Verra your going to need it. I'm going for Vera on this one. I hope Mir lets him borrow his horse shoe!

8. hosan

December 16, 2009 at 5:05 pm

blech…I wouldn't wanna touch that horse shoe.

9. Rubs

December 19, 2009 at 2:37 am

I hope Vera comes back to his old self. That old Vera was REDONK…