UFC Fight Night 22 Results LIVE

Updated: September 15, 2010

UFC Fight Night 22 “Marquardt vs Palhares” — September 15th from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX.

UFN 22 airs on SpikeTV starting at 8pm EST.

MAIN CARD

• Nate Marquardt vs. Rousimar Palhares
    Result: Nate Marquardt defeats Rousimar Palhares via TKO (punches) at 3:28 of R1.
  • Efrain Escudero vs. Charles Oliveira
    Result: Charles Oliveira defeats Efrain Escudero via submission (rear naked choke) at 2:25 of R3.
  • Jim Miller vs. Gleison Tibau
    Result: Jim Miller defeats Gleison Tibau via unanimous decision. (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
  • Cole Miller vs. Ross Pearson
    Result: Cole Miller defeats Ross Pearson via submission. (rear naked choke) at 1:49 of R2.

PRELIMINARY CARD

• John Gunderson vs. Yves Edwards
    Result: Yves Edwards defeats John Gunderson via unanimous decision. (30-27 x3)
  • Jared Hamman vs. Kyle Kingsbury
    Result: Kyle Kingsbury defeats Jared Hamman via unanimous decision. (29-28 x3)
  • Dave Branch vs. Tomasz Drwal
    Result: Dave Branch defeats Tomasz Drwal via unanimous decision. (30-27 x3)
  • Rich Attonito vs. Rafael Natal
    Result: Rich Attonito defeats Rafael Natal via unanimous decision. (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)

• David Mitchell vs. Anthony Waldburger
    Result: Anthony “TJ” Waldburger defeats David Mitchell via unanimous decision. (30-27 x3)

• Brian Foster vs. Forrest Petz
    Result: Brian Foster defeats Forrest Petz via TKO (punches) at 1:07 of R1.

1. Tico

September 15, 2010 at 3:23 am

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free Fights, I love it!

Sine losing my job PPV is no longer an option, so this is great!

Bring on the KO's and nasty submissions…

2. Rich in NJ

September 15, 2010 at 3:44 am

Nate, Escudero, Gleison and Cole.

3. Bitterman

September 15, 2010 at 6:54 am

Nate, Escudero, Hamman, Natal.

4. CobraClutch

September 15, 2010 at 9:29 am

I don't like predicting fights, cause what the hell do I know, but this is a decent card from the Prelims on up. Looking forward to it!

Also saw today that Klitchsko will fight Tua for some Belt, and after Tua gets destroyed again, could make the way to MMA. Now before you kick my butt for mentioning something so lame, keep in mind that Tua is also a Muay Tai Belt Holder and pretty skilled in the Maori Martial Arts. Not quite Tyson like hitting power, but incredibly powerful all the same.

5. CagE

September 15, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Amateur move by Palhares, never let your guard down.

6. Dane

September 15, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Weak card. I fell asleep three times.

7. P4P #1 Fan

September 15, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I did not see the fights but you have to think that Escudero will be cut after this loss. He fell fast after TUF.

8. hosan

September 15, 2010 at 3:13 pm

agreed cage you can't count on the ref being on your side immediately

9. Nichole Lesniak

September 15, 2010 at 10:13 pm

And stupid too, just because Marquardt got of your sub doesn't mean he's cheating! You're not THAT good!

10. STEVEO

September 15, 2010 at 11:10 pm

wierd another greg jackson fighter gets accused of greasing. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but everytime someone is getting accused of this it seems to be a guy form his camp. I like Marquadt but I wouldnt go throwing a huge party for that win. And brazilian fighters if your going to accuse someone of cheating try doing it with something other than sign language. I don't know why this puts Nate right back in the title picture, in my mind sonnen gets next shot obviously, and belfort and okami should get one before nate does again.

11. Nichole Lesniak

September 16, 2010 at 12:49 am

Why should a guy who *just* lost get the next shot? The only reason Sonnen is getting another shot is because it is going to put money in Dana's pocket – not because he deserves it.

12. STEVEO

September 16, 2010 at 2:44 am

so if he wins more rounds from the guy whos been champion in one fight (4) than all the other guys he's faught in 4 years. he doesnt deserve a rematch. If silva lost he would would have gotten an immediate rematch, belfort won one fight in the ufc against a guys silva embarrassed twice, marquadt lost to sonnen, okami the guys a good fighter but lets face it, hes not gonna finish silva and he cant ground and pound him like sonnen did, I would love to see a rematch, he was 3 minutes from winning a fight probably by more than one point in a few of those rounds against the "best p4p fighter on the planet" so in my eyes, yes he deserves a rematch

13. STEVEO

September 16, 2010 at 2:47 am

and give sonnen credit he was trying to finish the fight and got caught instead of laying on him and getting the win like many would have. 185's the most shallow division in the sport, lets face it silvas running out of fights that matter.

14. Nichole Lesniak

September 16, 2010 at 4:10 am

Last time I checked, the W column doesn't have a spot for "Rounds Won" or "Was Winning the Whole Fight, but Lost."

Losers typically don't get an instant rematch.

If anyone deserves credit, it should be Silva – to be losing the fight and come back to win the way he did. I don't particularly like Silva, but it's the W that matters. I too would like to see a rematch EVENTUALLY. But it's not fair to other fighters who have earned their shots too.

15. cagestoker ifithd

September 16, 2010 at 5:04 am

@Nichole, We are of like minds my friend.

I Tweeted @danawhite and suggested that if he were going to award losers instant rematches, he should give Carwin one, or anybody else who wins rounds—before being put to sleep.

Better yet—why doesn't he make all fights the best 3 outah 5, or 4 outah 7, he, Sonnen is bound to win one of them eventually!!! , or maybe not..lol

16. Mac

September 16, 2010 at 6:12 am

Fair enough, but the point Steveo was making is that Sonnen took Silva deeper than anyone else and perhaps the closeness of the bout deserves a rematch.

I agree with Nichole that the Win is what counts when all is said and done.

17. STEVEO

September 16, 2010 at 6:21 am

thanks mac, fans will buy this fight to see if he can finish this time, and as a fan id rather watch this, im tired of watching two jits guys dry hump each other, if you watch a card and 4 or 5 fights go decision so we cant see undercard, personally id rather watch some of the undercard fights cuz those guys try to win (see cole miller) instead of trying to eck out victories, if maynard wins the title i refuse to pay for a card that any fight he takes part in as the main event, im just saying who else has earned a shot at 185? to me okami and thats about it. and if anyone wanted to watch his fights he would have gotten a shot already. like it or not its a business and as big a doushe i think dana is, he's really good at it.

18. Nichole Lesniak

September 16, 2010 at 10:13 am

I got Steveo's point, but that doesn't earn anyone an instant rematch.

You are 100% spot on cagestoker! And believe me, MORE people would pay to see a Carwin/Lesnar instant rematch than Sonnen/Silva. And yet, that's not happening.

19. CobraClutch

September 16, 2010 at 11:07 am

Of course it does and it happens from time to time.

Remember Machida vs Rua

There are not many in-division challengers for Silva other than Belfort and Sonnen did what no UFC competitor has done anywhere close to and that's giving Silva a run for his money. Of course he'll get the rematch.

20. Miko

September 16, 2010 at 11:25 am

To be fair, Machida vs Rua went to a Decision which was extremely controversial whee the Sonnen Silva fight was ended with a sub.

I can see why people think Chael shouldn't get a rematch.

I aint one of them though :D Sonnen beat the hell out of Silva and I loved every minute of it. I cant wait to see him do it again.

Chael did stuff that no other middleweight was able to do. Beat Anderson up and hype a fight with a fighter no one wanted to see.

21. cagestoker ifithd

September 16, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Thanks Nichole, I truly believe Anderson when he said that he was fighting injured.

And so all you will likely see in the rematch Steveo, is Anderson in better shape, back to his old self, and demonstrating a stand up annihilation of Sonnen—as he would have done in the first fight, had he not been injured.

As far as Sonnen goes, yes, he has great Takedown Ability, but cannot, for the life of him, finish fights.

After his 24 minutes of wrestling dominance, his CAT LIKE pounces didn't leave a scratch on spider!!

Check his fight record, it is a common Occurrence with Chael, always a bridesmaid , never a bride.." lmao

22. CobraClutch - The RE

September 16, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Nichole, don't listen to any Cobra Clutch on here, because it's some fan boy stealing my identity and trying to be me. That douche bag is NOT me, and is a complete fucking loser with no worth of his own, so he's trying to ride on my coat tails.

Fucking pathetic LOSER!!!!

And the fuck face CAGE does nothing.

Piece of shit site.

No wonder why no one good comes here any more.

23. Timmie

September 16, 2010 at 9:21 pm

"Cat Like Pounces" – Good stuff

I don't think he deserves a rematch right away, perhaps after a few W's

but

If the fans make it clear that's what they want, then the UFC will give it to them, as they have done before, and in that respect I agree with CC

However, Nichole is correct in terms of Winning and Losing. Losers should not receive awards for losing, and the fans will want to see Vitor face off against The Spider!

24. Rich in NJ

September 16, 2010 at 10:12 pm

I was at the fan expo in Boston and the place exploded when Dana confirmed the Silva/Sonnen rematch. I was on line to meet Silva at the time and he just looked up at the screen and smiled. The fans definitely want to see the rematch and Dana knows it. I think the fans want to see Carwin/Lesnar too and dont know why he's ignoring that one. If anything, Brock was more rocked than Silva at any point. I'd like to see Cain/JDS and the winner fight Lesnar, but I guess if Cain loses then JDS is next in line keeping more options open in the HW division.

25. STEVEO

September 16, 2010 at 10:42 pm

but at heavyweight there are a few guys that have EARNED aa shot, belfort has fought once in the ufc a year ago since he came back, really? hes earned a shot? iagree carwin deserves one but when you have cain and dos santos sitting there waiting and DESERVING a shot, and carwin lost alot of respect from me when he came up with 67 excuses why he lost after the fight instead of I just got beat, i punched myself out, and got beat.

26. Rich in NJ

September 16, 2010 at 10:48 pm

true. I agree about all the excuses. And I was in shock when he said it wasnt his cardio, that his body just locked up on him.

Wasnt Belfort Silva's originaly opponent in on the Abu Dhabi card?

27. cagestoker ifithd

September 16, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Cain ain't gonna lose, IMO you'd have to kill that guy to beat him.

Mexican fighters are born with that type courageous heart.

As for Brock, he rebounded well, but showed somewhat of a lack of "heart," when—at one point, while losing a stand up exchange, turned-tail and ran from Carwin.

You made an excellent point Rich, and maybe this decision (by White) is partially due to Andersons past unmotivated [performances.]

White may feel he owes the fans something, who knows.

*check me out at ifithd. com

28. STEVEO

September 16, 2010 at 11:47 pm

yeah rich before the damian maia debacle it was supposed to be belfort. guy hasnt been in a competitve fight in a year and your going to throw him a title shot, only if your crazy. and im with stoker, dana is tired of putting silva out there only for him to lay a terd and retain. he wants guys who are going to try and push silva not wait for him to make a mistake and get a sub.

29. PoppyNick

September 17, 2010 at 1:22 am

Cobra….the real one. Just shut the fuck up will you!! No one wants to be you and NO ONE is riding your sorry ass coat tails. I was reading some good stuff on here and then I have to get to your post and listen to rant about how everyone wants to be you. If you don't like the site then don't come back and quit posting. Your obviously too stupid to figure out that when you respond your doing exactly what the poser wants you to do. Not to mention the poser actually posts better than you. So do us all a favor and find a new site because I'm tired of your whining and I'm sure others are too.

30. Timmie

and I like the new CC, he knows his MMA

33. Miko

September 17, 2010 at 7:51 am

5th.. and tico is right

34. Ryan S

September 18, 2010 at 10:27 pm

I feel like with some of this logic, that if a fighter loses every fight, chchallenge on a great show and gives each opponent a very difficult challenge, then he will get a title shot, and probably the immediate rematch. When the next best fighter doesn't get to step up and take a shot, that's when it gets stupid.