UFC Fighters = New York Times Bestselling Authors

Updated: February 11, 2008

Just a month after Matt Hughes book debuted in the New York Times Bestseller list at #21, Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell’s book “Iceman” debuted at #9.

You know MMA is clearly mainstream when you have fighters writing about behind the scenes brawls and rockstar type orgies.

Here clip I found on Cage Potato:

Here’s what happens when you win a big fight: Girls flock to you. I was once at a club in Vegas with my girlfriend after I had beaten some guy up, and right in front of my girl, another woman came up to us and handed me her key. When I fought Tito, I wasn’t dating anyone seriously. So after a night of celebrating at the clubs, I brought some company back up to my room. A lot of company. I can’t remember how many woman, but I know it was more than two. I had promised Dana the gloves and trunks from the fight, and he had forgotten to get them in the celebration after. He came by my room in the morning, knocked on the door, and someone let him in. He saw two girls asleep in the living room, two more girls in the bathroom, and a girl in bed with me. None of us had any clothes on. And Dana remembers seeing condoms hanging from the lamps, on the floor, pretty much everywhere. He looked at me, asked me for the gloves and the trunks, then said, “Get the hell out of here.” I ended the morning by having sex while doing an interview on the phone with a radio station. Again, I’m not trying to brag. This is just the way it was.

1. BRANDON

February 11, 2008 at 5:48 am

Chuck is a straight up baller…fucking pimp status haha

2. derek

February 11, 2008 at 6:12 am

we all know chuck has game, and i'm not referring to the Xbox.

3. roy

February 11, 2008 at 7:22 am

sounds like he is bragging

4. Morey

February 11, 2008 at 9:14 am

No kidding, its bragging. he starts by saying I don't know how many women I had and then ends by detailing where the all were in the room. But Chuck is a cool celeb. I'm glad he's getting more ass than a toilet seat.

5. derek

February 11, 2008 at 10:24 am

haha.

6. dane drebin

February 11, 2008 at 10:53 am

sounds like my saturday night… i fucking wish!

7. derek

February 11, 2008 at 6:22 pm

just bought this book at barnes and noble. it was 20% off! it really is on the ny times non-fiction best seller's list. i saw matt hughes's book also…. if anyone checks out hughes' book, check out the pictures section. hughes had a mullet as a kid! LOL. anyway, im going to start reading the iceman tonight.

8. JOE

February 11, 2008 at 8:14 pm

LOL…Of course it's bragging. I would too.

9. Kash

February 12, 2008 at 3:43 am

Nice. Chuck has it made. He has all the girls he wants and a roommate that does all of his laundry and cooking for him. After rockstar, my ideal life would have to be as the Iceman.

10. Becker

February 12, 2008 at 7:46 am

Thats as good as it gets. Kicking ass and getting it..

11. lawdog

February 12, 2008 at 8:45 am

The book is good, Im not finished yet but its worth the read.

He does come off a bit braggart but thats why its interesting and who wouldnt be a little big headed. Two things everyone knows about chuck is he likes fighting and he likes the vag.

12. BRANDON

February 12, 2008 at 9:16 am

Chuck is just striaght up slamming puss…man I want to be him, slampigs left and right haha. But for real did he write the book, or did he have a co-author like Hughes?

13. Terry Finley

February 12, 2008 at 12:45 pm

What happened to quality and purpose

in putting out books?

14. derek

February 12, 2008 at 5:20 pm

i believe the iceman (or should we call him the pussy magnet) wrote the rough draft for the book. then chad millman, a renoward editor from espn, edited grammar / coherency / etc for the final version.