UFC News: Evan Tanner’s Back!

evan tanner retiring

evan tanner

According to Evan Tanners foundation website, former UFC middleweight champion has signed a four fight deal to fight in UFC. A return in 08′ is mentioned, but no date has been set.

The news of Tanner’s return comes as a surprise. Just a month ago he was determined to quite drinking and return to fighting.

It has been said that I am done, that I will never fight again. It has been said that I have no chance of ever being a champion again. I refuse to accept that. I challenge you to believe in yourself. I challenge you to do what they say can not be done. Join this army of unconquerable souls.

Total 0 Votes

Tell us how can we improve this post?

+ = Verify Human or Spambot ?

1. kom34

November 8, 2007 at 7:09 pm

He's a good guy and hopefully he can stop drinking himself into oblivion and do well in the UFC. Beat anderson silva?….I don't think so, but Evan will do good.

2. steve

November 9, 2007 at 9:30 am

I think Evans is good but not good enough to be beat the Really good guys. He just doenst have it and he is such an emotional rollercoaster. He is always one step away from suicide. He is the definition of depression.

3. Joe

November 9, 2007 at 7:55 pm

Hey look, it's the illegitimate son of Hacksaw Jim Duggan……Hooooooo!!!!!

Kidding, I'm kidding. Tanner is a tough cat. If he got his act together, he could still have a good career ahead of him. I'd like to see him make a comeback.

4. CagE

November 9, 2007 at 8:11 pm

If he can stop drinking and hook up with a good camp, he's got a chance.

I'm looking forward to see him fighting again?

5. Morey

November 9, 2007 at 8:42 pm

He couldn't hurt…the middleweight division is so thin right now, it needs the story. Hopefully he can clean up and do some damage.

6. steve

November 9, 2007 at 11:52 pm

good point morey. It is the worst division in the UFC. They need to to being bitches and go get the top guys from the other Orgs. Like Frank SHamrock and Robbie Lawler Ninja RUA and Paulo Filho. Why did they put Filho in WEC nobodys even cares about that show. And Jens pulver is only fighting on it cuase he cant cut it in the ufc anymore. I cant wait for the TUF7 show to get over so they can add new life to this division.The TUF7 is a middleweight show if anyone hasnt heard yet.

7. Strunky

November 10, 2007 at 2:10 am

Boy, that Dana doesn't miss a lick. He answers the public sentiment to step up the division, and if successful gains the favor of the gods, bringing his reputation up to -98! Seriously though, I've always liked Tanner. Who doesn't have issues? Like the rest of us, it's a matter of bringing home to work with you. Tip for Evan: please work on your evasion skills; I hate seeing you get pounded so much.