UFC News: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Victim Has Miscarriage

Updated: August 2, 2008
rampage_smile

Quinton rampage Jackson

The Daily Pilot:

Huntington Beach woman who was more than 16 weeks pregnant and who police said was injured in a hit-and-run crash with mixed martial artist Quinton “Rampage” Jackson on the 55 Freeway two weeks ago has had a miscarriage, her fiance said Friday.

Holli Griggs, 38, was driving her 2007 Cadillac Escalade in the left lane on the southbound 55 Freeway just south of Bay Street on July 15 when Jackson’s gray-and-green pick-up truck sideswiped her as he drove along the median lane at about 45 mph, California Highway Patrol officials said.

Prosecutors have yet to file charges against Jackson, a former light heavyweight champion for the Ultimate Fighting Championship who remains free on $25,000 bail. Prosecutors would not comment on any potential charges due to Griggs’ miscarriage.

Her fiance, Bill Krebs, said doctors were immediately concerned when they noticed a significant loss of fluid in Griggs’ womb after the accident. Days before the crash, the couple had visited the doctor for an ultrasound, and Griggs was told she “had enough fluid for three babies,” Krebs said. She was pregnant with a boy.

The couple have retained an attorney but have yet to take legal action against Jackson.

“No amount of money will bring back my son,” Krebs said outside his home Thursday.

It looks like the former UFC light heavyweight champion could be in for a possible costly civil suit if the couple decides to seek legal action and can prove the accident caused the miscarriage against .

1. GraytOne

August 2, 2008 at 8:39 pm

Sooooo long Sucka

2. jbraytown

August 3, 2008 at 1:23 am

uradick

3. Miko

August 3, 2008 at 3:00 am

Ugh, just when you thought things couldn't get any worse.

This is a terrible situation for everyone involved.

4. Kash

August 3, 2008 at 3:47 am

Yeah I couldn't have said it better. It went from bad to worse.

5. Ryan S

August 3, 2008 at 3:51 am

yeah thats horrible. I'm not sure what kind of legal action can be taken, but it can't be good for rampage. Even worse though, I couldn't imagine if I was engaged to that woman. I would be absolutely crushed and my heart goes out to them.

6. dane drebin

August 3, 2008 at 10:09 am

ya rampage is an awesome fighter and ive always been a big fan but the pnly people i feel sorry for in this situation are the victims not rampage

7. STEVEO

August 3, 2008 at 10:27 am

wow, suddenly me getting a little heated about this topic when it happened doesn't seem so trivial huh, somebody better get rampages accountant on the phone. just sad

8. Realwun

August 3, 2008 at 2:10 pm

You can't put a price on a life but I'm guessing this couple will end up suing Rampage for all he's got, for millions.

9. Nicks

August 3, 2008 at 2:13 pm

Temporary Insanity.

I'm not defending rampage but thats a way out of jail possibly but the nut-house isn't much better.

So without a miracle rampage is going to be FUBAR for a long time. Its ruff to see rampage having really really hard times.

10. bryan

August 3, 2008 at 2:35 pm

wow…sucks for rampage…i wonder what dana has to say about this and if hes gonna suspend rampage or anything…i would hope so…i mean he kicked jesse taylor off TUF for getting drunk and kicking out a window and making the orginization look bad then one of his poster boys runs into a few cars, has cops chasing him, and then gets arrested at gunpoint…and possibly causes a woman to have a miscarriage…pretty shitty situation for everyone

11. steve

August 3, 2008 at 3:53 pm

Wand was told to get ready for december maybe to fight chuck supposing chuck ko's rashad like he should. It would give chuck only 2 months to train instead of his usual 6months but to fight Wand again and the huge money they will get he will do it. I hope thats what happens b/c that has lengendary fight written all ofver it. Better then the first I bet.

12. vaughn

August 3, 2008 at 4:58 pm

Wow this is really devastating. My heart goes out to everyone involved. I just wanted to respond to Bryans comment about his hope in Dana suspending Rampage. I think that Bryan is forgetting that Dana picked Rampage up from jail, and right away turned him into a mental institution to be evaluated. I believe his first reaction when he realized Rampages condition was “Oh Shit!” It was then that he found out that Rampage had been awake for four days drinking energy drinks and water. Clearly Rampage is sick, but I don’t want to take away anything from the victims. If the judge so decides, they deserve to be compensated for their invaluable loss.

13. Montebon!

August 3, 2008 at 6:40 pm

how can you compensate for miscarriage??

14. Vaughn

August 3, 2008 at 10:59 pm

You can't compensate for a miscarriage, that is why I referred to it as "invaluable". But, if the judge finds Rampage responsible, the judge will assign a value to the loss. That is the American legal system.

15. Joe

August 4, 2008 at 1:05 am

Personally, I'd be all for a murder charge but, according to abortion laws, it's not alive until 7 months.

16. bryan

August 4, 2008 at 6:35 am

this is bad…you cant compensate for a miscarriage but something has to be done and hopefully they wont let rampage off the hook just cuz of his big name…im sure ill get thrashed for what im about to say but rampage acted immature…he got depressed cuz he lost the belt…it happens, no ones champ forever…randy didnt go nuts after he lost to chuck…chuck didnt go nuts after he lost to rampage…hell tim sylvia got embarassed by fedor and he didnt even go crazy…they got back in the gym and wanted to get to work to get the belt back…its the fight game, losses happen…i was a rampage fan but damn deal with it like a man and try again

17. craig

August 4, 2008 at 7:43 am

This is a tragic situation for EVERYONE involved!

18. jim

August 5, 2008 at 1:58 am

he didnt go mad because of the loss he went mad because his manager who was like a father just scammed him out of 100's of thousands of dollars..he was on his way home from talking with his manager when this all happened..

19. T.R.

August 5, 2008 at 2:10 am

I didn't know that about his manager. That sucks. I'm sure rampage feels like crap about the whole thing. I hope that rampage doesn't end up going nuts like tyson.