UFC on Versus 3 “Sanchez vs Kampmann” Results

Updated: March 3, 2011

Diego Sanchez and Martin Kampmann square off in the main event at UFC on Versus 3, March 3rd at KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Ky.

MAIN CARD

• Diego Sanchez defeats Martin Kampmann via unanimous decision. (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
  • Mark Munoz defeats CB Dollaway via TKO (punches) at 0:54 of R1.
  • Chris Weidman defeats Alessio Sakara via unanimous decision. (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
  • Brian Bowles defeats Damacio Page via submission (guillotine choke) at 3:30 of R1.

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Cyrille Diabate defeats Steve Cantwell via unanimous decision. (30-27, 30-25, 30-26)
  • Danny Castillo defeats Joe Stevenson via unanimous decision. (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
  • Shane Roller defeats Thiago Tavares via KO (punches) at 1:28 of R2.
  • Takeya Mizugaki defeats Reuben Duran via split decision. (30-27, 27-30, 29-28)
  • Dongi Yang defeats Rob Kimmons via TKO (strikes) at 4:47 of R2.
  • Rousimar Palhares defeats Dave Branch via submission (kneebar) at 1:44 of R2.
  • Igor Pokrajac defeats Todd Brown via TKO (strikes) at the end of R1.

1. dude

March 3, 2011 at 5:15 pm

bullshit diego didnt win

2. WHODINI

March 4, 2011 at 12:35 am

he was more aggressive in the second round … i agree with the descision and im not a big Diego fan but he did get his face smashed up man that looked rough hell feel that one for a long time to come

3. P4P #1 Fan

March 4, 2011 at 5:44 am

I agree with the decision as well. Even though his head resembled the elephant man's head, I gave him rounds 2 and 3. He was pushing the action and it looked like he hurt Martin a couple times. Wasn't his nickname "Nightmare"…they kept calling him the "Dream"- when did he change that? I was laughing at them at first but when they calling him the Dream, I started to think that maybe he changed it.

What happened to Joe Stevenson? He went from one of the top LWTs to at this point, I think he may get cut soon.

4. hosan

March 4, 2011 at 1:18 pm

The fact of the matter is diego was more aggressive and had martin in danger more often. I def agree with the decision.

5. PoppyNick

March 4, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Hosan and Whodini, I agree with the decision as well. Kampman go the first round and I had Diego winning 2 and 3. It was a good fight I enjoyed it.

6. Ox

March 4, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Good fights last night. I agree with the Sanchez decision.

7. Ryan S

March 5, 2011 at 6:11 am

I thought Kampmann won it. I also thought Diego looked horrible in this fight.

8. crynot

March 5, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Good thing decisions aren't based off of what you look like after the fight! Man Diego's face!!!!! Great fight.