UFC Video: Dana White on Couture

Updated: October 19, 2007

1. Jude

October 19, 2007 at 5:32 pm

Randy needs to fullfill his contract, and if Dana has "never told Randy no" then he needs to ask for what he wants money wise, give the prick his fights then get the hell out. I'm sure there's more to this than just the money but a contract is a contract, & he did resign him after he retired. I have a lot of respect for Couture & I would hate for him to ruin his good name over all this. You can believe Dana will take him to court & drag his name through dirt over this deal. Maybe Randy has a wild card up his sleeve that can get him out of it, if not…., man up

2. Strunky

October 20, 2007 at 4:22 am

I agree completely. Randy's got how ever many left as he wants, but if he owes Mr. Good-to-be-White, a deuce, dropo it on him and bolt, preferably vacating a coveted title for a little bitch slap on the fly.

3. Jeff

October 21, 2007 at 10:06 am

Rand is an icon in the UFC. He's got a new lease on his carreer and life, and new wife. Maybe she is getting too involved? I believe Dana, and I know he is good people and won't do anything to screw Randy. If you are man enough to beat Tim Silvia, you sure as hell are man enough to talk face to face with Dana. Grow up and work it out, and get the other voices out your head. No disrespect to Randy, but it leaves a sour taste to have it all fall apart like this!

4. Mikey

October 21, 2007 at 11:16 am

I think ur right. Dana gave randy and instant title shot coming out of retirement. He gave him a new contract when he wanted to negotiate. Randy is part of the UFC image and Dana would do anything to keep him. Just like he said after Silva vs. Franklin II, Rich is welcome in the UFC as long as he wants to be there.

5. Strunky

October 25, 2007 at 10:16 am

If he's such a good guy, why does he always pop off as a smartass who's got everything on lock, is master of his domain, and will throw down if he has to keep his bitches in check? I'm sorry, I'll always be pro-fighter before promoter, worker before employer, people before government. It's just how I roll.

6. patrick gamil

October 30, 2007 at 2:56 pm

fedor vs couture

UFC and M1 Global can do this.

not sure how to classify it – for belt, bag of nuts and 2 million dollars

7. patrick gamil

October 31, 2007 at 12:16 am

oh and what evidence id there that Randy's wife is getting too involved?

is this a tabloid? Nu,uh… randy gets botox?