UFN 13 Return To Colorado: Clay Guida Vs. Samy Schiavo

Updated: January 23, 2008

clay guida vs. samy schiavo

UFC Lightweight contender Clay Guida is rumored to take on UFC Newcomer Samy Schiavo at UFC Fight Night 13 on April 2 from Denver, Colorado, according to MMAWeekly.

Guida is coming off a hard fought loss to Rodger Huerta at The Ultimate Fighter season 6 Finale.

Guida’s holds a disappointing UFC record of 1-3, but his fighting style and aggressiveness keeps him fighting in the UFC.

Schiavo, a member of French Top Team, makes his UFC debut following a six fight wining streak in which he has finished all of his opponents in the first round. Schiavo has signed a four fight deal with the UFC, adding another quality European fighter to its roster.

January 23, 2008 at 3:42 pm

hell yeah

2. dane drebin

January 23, 2008 at 4:25 pm

i hope guida wins this he needs the win bad

3. Morey

January 23, 2008 at 4:36 pm

Guida will win. He's been so close in his fights I think he'll look good in this one and finish it.

4. dane drebin

January 23, 2008 at 5:02 pm

i know he will prolly win but i think his reckless style gets him intouble in his fights. ya thats why the ufc keeps bringing him abck but i think he coulda won a lot of his fights if was more composed and patient sometimes

5. JOE

January 23, 2008 at 7:09 pm

I love his style. I hope he doesn't change a thing. He's faced some tough competition and he's had some bad luck. I think he'll continue to get better and do well, and I think he'll win this fight.

6. roy

January 24, 2008 at 4:47 am

i don't care about his record when someone comes in a fights like that they deserve to come back i love watching him fight.

7. colinb

January 24, 2008 at 5:51 am

Believe me, i think guida is a great fighter. I was hoping he'd beat Heurta, but there is no way he'll beat Samy. I've trained with Samy and he is by far the fastest fighter I've ever seen. His double leg fake to over-hand right will demolish guida. GO SAMY!

8. dane drebin

January 24, 2008 at 1:19 pm

but have u ever trained with guida? haha unless u have i guess u cant compare

9. Morey

January 24, 2008 at 3:40 pm

I'm sure Samy is no slouch but Guida has proven he is tough and maybe just a couple of bad breaks away from a good UFC record instead of being 1-3. I know Samy is watching all of Guida's best techniques so I'll bet Guida will be looking for that fake and overhand right when its fight time.

10. JOE

January 24, 2008 at 5:15 pm

One move will demolish Guida? That's kind of a stretch don't you think? I think you just wanted to try and impress people with the claim that you trained with Schiavo.

How about this, I think Schiavo is going to get his ass kicked. He'll probably eat a not so tasty knee going in for that ever so special double leg fake.