UFN 13: Stephan Bonnar Injured, Off Card

Updated: February 12, 2008

steph bonnar injred

In a real hit to UFC fight night 13, YahooSports is reporting that Stephan Bonnar has been forced off the UFN 13 card after suffering a torn ligament in his left knee. Bonnar will have to undergo surgery to have a cadaver ligament put in place to replace the torn lateral collateral ligament. Bonnar will be out a minimum of six months.

“I was doing nothing out of the ordinary, just working on my (jiu-jitsu) getting ready for my fight. I heard a pop and I thought, ‘Damn, what is this?’ I walked around on it a little, but when I got home, it was really stiff and swollen.”

It is not known whether the UFC will find a replacement to take on Matt Hamill at UFN 13, on April 2 from Bloomfield, Colorado.

1. Kash

February 12, 2008 at 3:39 am

Man, I was really looking foward to see him fight Hamill. Its too bad because UFN 13 was looking stacked.

2. rhinox

February 12, 2008 at 6:40 am

I thought that was going to be a good fight I just hope they can get a suitable opponent for Hamill now. He deserves something after getting screwed in the Bisbing fight.

3. derek

February 12, 2008 at 7:14 am

i say bisping-hammill 2. bisping shouldn't drop down yet. big pussy. he needs to stay in the divsion to prove if he beat hammil or not. bisping is free that month.

4. rhinox

February 12, 2008 at 7:17 am

I dont think he would take that fight. He knows he would take a beating

5. BRANDON

February 12, 2008 at 8:17 am

Thats fucking weak!!!! Throw Rashad in their, thatd be a fight i would even pay to see, but still i woould have rather seen Bonnar/ Hammil

6. CagE

February 12, 2008 at 8:25 am

I agree with Brandon

Throw Rashad in with Hamill

Both are wrestlers and both have no cardio.

7. roy

February 12, 2008 at 8:39 am

i was looking forward to that one too, it could have been a war. your right brandon rashad would be a great replament i hope its him or at least some one decent.

8. BRANDON

February 12, 2008 at 9:14 am

Cage do u like work for the website or did u just pick that name cause its fucking cool haha…I must say in my hopeful Rashad/ Hamill i give the win to Rashad because he is quicker and has quicker hands…Hamill's cardio seemed greatly improved with his fight with Bisping, or at least he went the distance

9. rhinox

February 12, 2008 at 9:17 am

i think that would be a good fight. I think rashad would win it in the second round.

10. Joe

February 12, 2008 at 9:55 am

I'd give it to Rashad. I think that would be a good enough replacement.

11. dane drebin

February 12, 2008 at 10:58 am

i would be pulling for hamill to beat rashad all the way

12. BRANDON

February 12, 2008 at 11:37 am

Na I dont really like Hamil (hes obviously a talented fighter but hes an asshole) so im definitly rooting for Rashad 100%, plus i think Rashad is an all around better fighter: Since this could very well be a wrestling/ ground match Evans has the advantage in takedown defence, and although Rashad is muck quicker with quicker hands Hamill has a big advantage in power

13. derek

February 12, 2008 at 5:18 pm

i think we all agree bispng sucks. he is a sloppy fighter.

14. DanP

February 12, 2008 at 8:41 pm

I don't agree… His last 2 fights were poor and I am pissed off at the UFC for giving him McCarthy as his first fight at MW… when he could have fought Leben, Cote etc.. but, I think he has a agressive fight style (Flying Knees etc) that is a lot better to watch than Hamill's Wrestling…