UFN 15 “Diaz vs. Neer” Results LIVE

Updated: September 17, 2008

ufn 15 results

UFC Fight Night 15 “Diaz vs. Neer” is set to lead off the debut of season 8 of the ultimate fighter reality series on SpikeTV. The anticipated fight card is headlined by The Ultimate Fighter 5 winner Nate Diaz taking MMA veteran Josh Neer. Also anchoring the card is the lightweight superfight between Clay “The Carpenter” Guida and TUF 6 winner Mac Danzig.

The preliminary bouts are scheduled to begin at 5:45 pm ET with the televised portion of the card to follow on Spike TV at 5 pm ET.

UFN 15 Results after the JUMP

MAIN CARD

• Josh Neer vs. Nate Diaz
    Result: Nate Diaz defeats Josh Neer by Split Decision.
  • Clay Guida vs. Mac Danzig
    Result: Clay Guida defeats Mac Danzig by Unanimous Decision.
  • Alan Belcher vs. Ed Herman
    Result: Alan Belcher defeats Ed Herman by Split Decision.
  • Eric Schafer vs. Houston Alexander
    Result: Eric Schafer defeats Houston Alexander by Submission (Arm Triangle) at 4:53 of R1.

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Joe Vedepo vs. Alessio Sakara
    Result: Alessio Sakara defeats Joe Vedepo by TKO (Head Kick) at 1:27 of R1.
  • Wilson Gouveia vs. Ryan Jensen
    Result: Wilson Gouveia defeats Ryan Jensen by Submission (Armbar) at 2:04 of R2.
  • Kyle Bradley vs. Joe Lauzon
    Result: Joe Lauzon defeats Kyle Bradley by TKO (Punches) at 1:34 of R2.
  • Jason Brilz vs. Brad Morris
    Result: Jason Brilz defeats Brad Morris by TKO (Punches) at 2:54 of R2.
  • Mike Massenzio vs. Drew McFedries
    Result: Mike Massenzio defeats Drew McFedries by Submission (Kimura) at 1:28 of R1.
  • Dan Miller vs. Rob Kimmons
    Result: Dan Miller defeats Rob Kimmons by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:27 of R1.
UFC Fight Night 15 Links

UFN 15 News
UFN 15 Preview and Predictions
UFN 15 Weigh-In Results

UFC Fight Night 15 Videos

UFN 15 Preview Video
Interview with Alessio Sakara

1. whodini

September 17, 2008 at 8:06 am

thatys a funny looking picture it looks like hes all rib cage . looks like an etheopian on roids

2. tlos

September 17, 2008 at 9:09 am

i hope they show the joe lauzon fight on tv!

3. CagE

September 17, 2008 at 10:39 am

Houston Alexsander…..8 more seconds

Schafer earns my respect taking some big punches and a huge knee to the face.

4. Jordan Katz

September 17, 2008 at 10:56 am

Poor Houston. All the heart in the world, but simply zero ground game.

I thought the Alan Belcher split decision was the wrong call. To me it looked as though Herman did enough to win. I gave him the 1st and 3rd rounds. Tough break, but solid fight.

5. Nichole Lesniak

September 17, 2008 at 11:09 am

I completely missed the fight….now I'm sorry I did. Sounds like it was a good fight.

6. Alex

September 17, 2008 at 11:36 am

I knew Houston would lose by submission. Shafer finishes half his opponents by submission. It sucks…I'm in school so I can't even watch.

7. CagE

September 17, 2008 at 12:14 pm

A bunch of decisions, but they all were true battles. I wish they had time to show some of the undercards.

8. kom34

September 17, 2008 at 5:21 pm

the diaz/neer fight was great. i love the ground battles. i've never seen that bait move before where diaz would give his arm omiplata style and use that to step over a full guard.

9. steve

September 17, 2008 at 5:50 pm

Kinda dissapointed with some of the fights and fighters. I would have liked to seen houston atleast show a lil bit of improvement on the ground and also I would have liked to have seen the carpenter not try and win by takedown and lay on him style. Danzig looked good standing but got tired and even though he did way more damage Guida just kept taking him down. IMO boring fight after the first round. I thought Belcher did pull it off, and I think Diaz won the fight 2 rounds to 1 but it was a good one. Still would have liked to have seen a finish since they both had eachother in very bad positions. I thought the ultmate fighter is looking good. I like how the criminal got his ass handed to him.

10. Ryan S

September 17, 2008 at 9:16 pm

I missed Lauzon fight, but I'm glad to see he won. Clay Guida blows my mind at how great his cardio is. He goes all three rounds with Danzig and can still jog around the ring at the end. I was surprised how Josh Neer handled himself on the ground. I thought he would have been worse. Still don't like Diaz, but you can't say he is a bad fighter.

11. whodini

September 17, 2008 at 9:22 pm

great fights liked all of em Guida is kinda wierd tho

12. STEVEO

September 18, 2008 at 12:10 am

I AM A HUGE HOUSTON FAN BUT JESUS CHRIST WHEN ARE YOU GONNA FIGURE IT OUT. stopputting yourself in bad situations and dont get choked or your arm broken, damn, so frustratingcuz i want him to win so bad and he just keeps blowing it. guida is a cardio freak, its just insane.

September 18, 2008 at 12:22 am

mac lost damn…nate looked great and its a top fighter..

Ed so won his fight