Video: Aleksander Emelianenko Backstage At Affliction Banned, Confronted By Josh Barnett

Updated: August 5, 2008

A camera follows Aleksander Emelianenko backstage at the Affliction Banned weigh-in’s. He get confronted by Josh Barnett for talking a little shit in recent interview. Alek was scratch off the card at the last minute for an undisclosed reason by the CSAC. It was later rumored that he tested positive for Hepatitis B.

Emelianenko has denied that the has Hepatitis B and said getting in the required paperwork was to blame for his removal from the card.

Alek watching the fight:

1. Oswald Gobblecock

August 5, 2008 at 4:50 am

Let's see Josh get bad with Fedor.

2. roy

August 5, 2008 at 4:57 am

after he beats aa he will have his chance, him and fedor are good friends according to him.

3. derek

August 5, 2008 at 8:06 am

josh barnett already beat aleks. so i don't get why he is fronting him.

4. roy

August 5, 2008 at 8:50 am

there was a article with aleks saying when he fought josh he was young and inexperienced and since then has tried to get a rematch and was told josh is afraid of him and that josh thinks he is crazy and josh would either turn down the fight or ask for so much money that he knew they would say no.but as you saw josh says that didn't happen and was not to happy about aleks saying thoughs things.

5. Morey

August 5, 2008 at 10:49 am

I didn't think it was punking Aleks, I don't think Barnett was trying to act bad. I think he had some things and said it to his face instead of through an interview. Barnetts stock rose in my opinion with what he said.

6. steve

August 5, 2008 at 12:54 pm

that is exactly right morey. I mean exactly what I was going to say. What Barnett did is exactly what I did to somebody I have already knocked out just about 2 months ago. The guy was saying that he has starting training and his arm was hurt and that he would beat me up now. So I went to him and said nothing has changed and that I have bet you up already and im not talking shit but I will be damned if I let you say that you can beat me up. And I let this guy hit me in the face to test his power. Big ripped muscle guys always think they can fight LMAO.

7. Ryan S

August 5, 2008 at 1:25 pm

You let him hit you in the face? During the fight?

8. Ryan S

August 5, 2008 at 1:35 pm

I agree though. Regaurdless of what Aleks said, I think Barnett was still trying to be respectful, but set the story straight. A mature way to not look scared.

9. steve

August 5, 2008 at 3:17 pm

yes i let him hit me. Just to show him that he couldnt hurt me. Besides the first 3 punches i threw rocked him and he turned around and ran around a telephone pole. I followed him around it and caught him a good one in the nose and he went down. I told him we can keep going if u want and he just layed there lol.

10. Oswald Gobblecock

August 5, 2008 at 6:26 pm

Wow steve, you badass! lol

11. myk

August 5, 2008 at 11:28 pm

I hope alex would have his rematch with josh to set the record straight…and i think that is not far to happen because both of them are already in the affliction promotion. Though i love to see josh vs fedor after alex