Video: Inside MMA Evan Tanner Tribute, Kimbo Slice, And More Affliction News

Updated: September 12, 2008
Video: Inside MMA Evan Tanner Tribute, Kimbo Slice, And More Affliction News

1. Jake

September 12, 2008 at 3:37 am

Shamrock might die in the ring.

2. jbraytown

September 12, 2008 at 3:46 am

if it lasts through round 1 kimbo wont have anymore gas, big striker no cardio

3. whodini

September 12, 2008 at 9:14 am

like i said before if someone can stay away from a big bomb and take him into the later rounds like Sean Gannon did he wont have a chance ..but is Ken the man to do it? i dunno .. i hope so ..

4. kom34

September 12, 2008 at 10:14 am

i think that the biggest disappointment in watching kimbo fight gannon is that he gave up. he was looking for a way out of that fight. i think he will work enough cardio for 3 rounds with ken. for me i want to see what he's made of when he faces adversity in the cage.

5. Ryan S

September 12, 2008 at 11:18 am

Is it really a good idea for Bas Rutten to be telling a drinking story about a guy who just died that had a drinking problem?

6. Enzo

September 12, 2008 at 11:27 am

Whats the deal are thay ever going to let this guy fight someone that is not a OLD FAT Tank Abbet or a 40 yeare old Ken Shamrock he is being spoon fead junk by Bus Rutton what a joke Ruttion is the same guy that fought in the WFA in LA on Feb 24 06 and was to fight Kimo but in the last min he did not want to fight Kimo he knew he took too much time off and he would get his ass kicked , I think he is a punk. I would love to see Kimbo fight Gannon again and see him get his ass kicked again I was at that fight there It was a joke and so is he !!!

7. Alex

September 12, 2008 at 2:19 pm

This is Elites last cash cow fight from Kimbo. After this they have to give him someone real. I hope he doesn't fight Gannon again, that would be another joke fight.

8. Enzo

September 12, 2008 at 9:24 pm

I just must say that if there ever was a Kimbo vs Gannon fight it would not be a joke at all as I was at that fight not watching it on youyube Gannon took his best shots and Kimbo could not stop him. Bas will never let that fight come to place as Kimbo is his cash cow with no cardio or ground game. I must end this by saying what a JOKE Bas is talking about Even drinking him under the table the man is dead and you want to make him look like he had a drinking problem. Bas your a Jerk Off

9. steve

September 12, 2008 at 9:40 pm

Wow really? Is it a big deal to say that Evan drank more then him? Bas prides himself on saying he can drink a lot. He didnt insult Evan in anyway. And Gannon would get KO'd if they fought again. Come on Bas isnt a joke and Yes Gannon is. Kimbo wasnt training then and now adays it wouldnt even be a contest. Enzo obvoiusly u know Gannon b/c if u didnt u wouldnt be saying all this shit. Dont hate Kimbo b/c he is popular. Gannon iis the one who went to the UFC and got his ass beat in like 1 minute by a guy who only got 1 win in the UFC before getting cut, and his opnly win was against go figure Sean Gannon. Bas wasnt scared to fight anyone either he just at the old age he was didnt feel he was as good as he use to be and knew it was time to hang it up. Im glad he did. Just look at Shamrock and Don Frye and more that are fighting way out of there primes just to fight and they still think they got it. Also Bas is hilarious and this show kicks ass. What is better then a show just about MMA? The superbowl with the Pittsburgh steelers beating the Dallas Cowboys and Ohio State winning the National CHampionship. Thats about it:)

10. Enzo

September 13, 2008 at 4:01 am

LOL Steve I am not friends with Gannon I did train him for a 2 week befour the Kimbo fight that is about it you are like 99 % of the people that watch TV never fought or are fighters and I could be wrong but don't you think he has been spooned with some people that are nothing or were great fighters but got old I love Ken but he is old and lost his last 4 fights that is the truth sorry you don't like it. So steve do you fight or train ? I train every day do you ? Bas was a great fighter but he did not fight my team mate KIMO he backed out right at the end Feb 24 th in the WFA and that shows me he is a punk. I train my ass off with KIMO and some time. Bas is great on Marks show and he is funny I did hang out with him in Japan when I fought in Pride this is just my thoughts

11. Kash

September 13, 2008 at 2:27 pm

Knowing Elite they will give Kimbo the rematch with Gannon. Enzo makes some good points but I don't think people take Gannon seriously. He hasn't fought since 2005 so he probably hasn't trained either. I don't want to see that fight. I hope Rogers gets his fight with Kimbo next.

12. Luke

September 14, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Enzo – Bas was not scared to fight Kimo, Kimo was not aloud to fight on the WFA show for testing positive for steroids.

13. Enzo

September 14, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Luke he never tested positive for steroids what happened was KIMO told the WFC his Dr had given him hgh to help him get ready faster from his ACL and ICL that he went under the knife for KIMO should have never even wanted to fight but that is KIMO now Bas knew all this and the last two days pulled out. I know as I fought on that card vs Jerry Bohlonder it was two days befour my 40th birth day new forced Jerry to tap late in the 3ed round this was a pre-lim fight

14. Mike

September 15, 2008 at 3:17 am

Enzo….you go for it Boy!!! I love to see a 40 year old kick some tail. My last fight was with a 23 year old that talked and talked smack about "old man" this and "old man" that! He was a proven fighter and 55 lbs heavier than me….he lasted 28 seconds and it felt so fucking good to slam his jaws shut! I'll be 38 in February! Good for you man!

15. roy

September 15, 2008 at 3:51 am

kimo was on hgh bas was inj, the two shouldn't even be compared bas is a legend kimo is not.gannon and kimbo both suck but at this point kimbo would kill him.

16. Enzo

September 15, 2008 at 4:09 am

Roy what have you ever did in the MMA world did you ever fight or do you just TapOut the keybord ? If there was the story the LEGAND should had fought and that is thue he is a LEGAND but Kimbo is a joke he fought no won and Bus will never let him fight and thake a chance of droping his Cash Cow

17. roy

September 15, 2008 at 4:34 am

what do you mean what have i ever done in the mma world? nobody here is allowed to have a opinion unless they fought.everyone quit commenting cause enzo has fought before so where not allowed to have any thoughts on the matter.maybe he was injured enzo so he said forget it its not worth it, he had nothing to prove he already was a legend you said so yourself. thets be honest bas hand picked kimo to fight because he saw it as a easy win,but i guess his injuries where to much and i agree with you on kimbo he is a joke but him fighting gannon again would prove nothing just give him another win against someone who is not that good.

18. ELBOWZ

September 15, 2008 at 6:57 am

Enzo…. not to call you out…. but, and i quote

" I know as I fought on that card vs Jerry Bohlonder it was two days befour my 40th birth day new forced Jerry to tap late in the 3ed round this was a pre-lim fight"

I Don't think Jerry fought in the WFC … if in fact we are talking about the same jerry. -Bohlonder or Bohlander-

only reason i looked it up is , if your a fighter i want to know your record…. no disrespect.

19. Nate

September 15, 2008 at 7:36 am

Not sure inf Jerry Fought in WFC either…

20. Enzo

September 15, 2008 at 7:45 am

My mistake, no it was not at wfc but at my house he caught me in the brazilian tea bag(well i let him) than i gave him the rear naked stroke.

21. Enzo

September 15, 2008 at 2:00 pm

It is your mistake I sure did fight Jerry Bohlander at the WFA the same day Bas would not fight Kimo now I am not a WFA fighter but I got the shot as I was training with Kimo and we are both on team Pimpit now as far as Jerry I do not know if he was or was or was not a WFA fighter all I know was he was my fight and I was pumped to fight a great fighter fron the Lions Den UFC veteran of a Superfight now the WFA was not the UFC or even close and the fight was a pre-lim, To Elwowz do desrespect at all my record is 13 0 1 lots of local fights and now I fam a old guy my family and friends got the pay per view and the pre-lim did not get air time, To the person that used my name and talked smack what are you a CAPONE on the key board you got something to say yse you name I know that would be fake as your heart is the HART of a Housecat…. Get to the guy and train ask your boyfriend if you casn go out …

22. Luke

September 15, 2008 at 7:39 pm

Enzo- Not to try and put you down too much but this is the WFA card from that night.

1 Martin Kampmann Edwin Aguilar TKO (Strikes) 1 2:43

2 Marvin Eastman Jorge Oliveira Draw 3 5:00

3 Rob McCullough Harris Sarmiento Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00

4 Ricco Rodriguez Ron Waterman TKO (Doctor Stoppage) 1 5:00

5 Ivan Salaverry Art Santore TKO (Strikes) 2 4:18

6 Jason Miller Lodune Sincaid Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 1 4:29

7 Lyoto Machida Vernon White Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00

8 Bas Rutten Ruben Villareal KO (Leg Kicks) 1 3:24

9 Quinton Jackson Matt Lindland Decision (Split) 3 5:00

23. SAM

September 15, 2008 at 9:43 pm

Enzo sorry but this guy Luke is telling you something that you know the fight card . I see you said that your fight was a pre lim fight just like in Pride and the Ufc the pre lim fights are not on the pay perview but looks like he is trying to make you look bad why even answer him back I seen you fight in Ravere , Ma. at a place called Luno outside of Boston you fought a fighter named Criss the "ROCK" Smith and you KO Smith in round one fast with a spinning back fist. I know you was 11 and o and the Win in whe WFA was told when you cam to the ring you came out to a Type O Negative song and that is a killer band.

24. steve

September 15, 2008 at 10:14 pm

SAM you wouldnt happen to be called Enzo would you? You guys both sound like u blow smoke up peoples asses.

25. SAM Calumbo

September 15, 2008 at 10:30 pm

This is crazy Steve that was my 2 cents and you lash out at me only wanted to see about Even Tanner and now I blowing smoke up peoples asses . Looks like you like asses now don't you . I was not trying to get in a war I dont know Enzo 1st hand just I live in Boston and that is the place to see local MMA sorry you don't t like the truth I went to a MMA fight I think Bas and Kimbo not wanting to fight a real fighter but Kimo vs Bas I have to go with Bas my last 2 cents

26. Paul

September 16, 2008 at 2:02 am

I have to agree with Steve, Sam you sound and type just like Enzo.Enzo I hope you are not from America with your grammer and spelling you are either a foreigner or you got hit in the head to many times.I love how you drop names and trto threaten people on the internet and than say they have no "hart".

27. Ryan S

September 16, 2008 at 7:43 am

Enzo, would you say your real name? I mean, it is kind of crazy SAM loves everything about you, including the song you come out to.

28. Enzo

September 16, 2008 at 9:35 am

Yes Sam would come over and we would roll to that song everynight, in training that is at the gym, oh i mean the gym was at my house and would would have our close on at first, i mean we would change to our gear not roll naked.oh i don't know sam.Yes sam is a freind of mine that made that comment not me and we never made sweet love.

29. Enzo

September 16, 2008 at 9:55 am

Ryan Paul and Steve you want my real name just ask your mom as see knows as I was Fu$king her in the azz then azz to mouth sorry she is such a slut but what a mouth on her

30. Enzos A Fake

September 16, 2008 at 12:58 pm

Enzo good one way to call yourself a fighter and not want to prove it. You must suck otherwise you would say your real name. You are the one saying you have trained and if u have knocked people out in a minute why not say your record and your name? If you dont want to say it then shut the fuck up about you being such a badass.

31. Steve

September 16, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Yeah I dont think you saying that you fucked our moms is a very good insult just IMO and it really just shows that you are a punk. You say ur a tough guy and basically say if u havent fought then u have no business comenting on opinions that people put.Enzo u started this by talking shi about Kimbo and Bas and then getting mad when people disagree with you. If u are scarred to say your real name because we might see that you are a shitty fighter or whatever then stop talking about you fighting its pretty damn simple.

32. Luke

September 16, 2008 at 8:54 pm

I second that!

33. Tony

September 17, 2008 at 5:09 am

I was coming to this to see what was posted about dead mma fighter and there is all this bullshit like little girls

34. Tony

September 17, 2008 at 5:56 am

and i only like little boys

35. Ryan S

September 18, 2008 at 7:34 am

I don't even know which one is that assclown anymore. And I'm sorry, her azz? Why couldn't you type ass? Go to the doctor, because I don't know what an azz is and you fucked one. And Paul, Steve and I are not brothers, so there are probably going to be 3 different mothers, not one.

36. ENZO

October 4, 2008 at 9:24 pm

Well well all the shit talking has stoped with you fuckers again who is the joke Bas and his pet chimp Kimbo looks like the cash cow has left the house. You cam say what you like all you lartop fighters it was a good night for MMA only down note was Ken geting cut and not being able to kick that chimp or chump Kimbo's ASS !!!!!

37. J.Nolan

October 5, 2008 at 1:32 am

This was bound to happen,Kimbo had not fought anyone with true skills until last night,not that MMA had bent his soft chin to the point that he looked like one of those fainting goats that I seen on Dirty Jobs. I would have rather been able to read about Ken breaking his arm this morning rather than "Slice gets dropped in 14 seconds of round one by a jab"

The sport is still young enough to recover from letting these street thugs that have some street cred join into a sport that consumes even the best trained MMA fighters. A final thought for Bas "Tell Kimbo to carry his ass back to Florida so you will be able to train someone worth of your time and experience"

38. Ecko

October 5, 2008 at 1:59 am

I watched that fight replay with Kimbo vs seth over and over and i swear to god that was fake. Elite xc has done questionable fake promotion for there fight ie chaos in the ring after all that crap talking so i wouldnt put it past them to let kimbo go down to give fans what they wanted. he looked depressed and not ready in pre fight intervies possibly due to ken dropping out but who knows. it looked to me like a short punch to the eye not cabale of knocking anyone down let alone keeping kimbo laying there not even attempting to fight or defend himself and none of the finishing punches hardly even hit him. It was staged people its not as real as it gets anymore with elite xc at least.

39. Anthony

October 5, 2008 at 2:14 am

Looks like more ammo for Dana White the guy that killed the best in MMA Pride f/c Well Kimbo will be working at 7-11 now or picking up cans or maybe he will just be the joke of the day