Video: Is Forrest Griffin Going To Stand With Anderson Silva

Video: Is Forrest Griffin Going To Stand With Anderson Silva

Forrest Griffin looking good hitting the mitts at the UFC 101 open media workout.

1. sy

August 6, 2009 at 8:53 pm

hes got some awsome power in them kicks

August 6, 2009 at 11:07 pm

I thnk Forrest will be going for the takedown

3. fino

August 7, 2009 at 3:02 am

I think this is going to be Griffins night. Don't be shocked if he wins.

4. Jay

August 7, 2009 at 3:16 am

Griffin's night in the hospital you mean. It just seems everybody keeps doubting Silva everytime he fights someone. Seriously if Silva brings his "A" game you thing Frorrest could beat him??

5. Mike

August 7, 2009 at 3:18 am

Anderson Silva doesn't have an "A" game.

hes looked ok against Average fighters. 185lbs is for those who can't make it at 205lbs.

Griffin will be a challenge for Silva but i expect him to win….. if he doesn't then that just says it all.

6. Al 2.0

August 7, 2009 at 3:36 am

Jay I put a bet on Griffin in Vegas last night just in spite of you (although I think Silva takes it) . I don't even care if I win the money or not, I had to do it.

7. Mike

August 7, 2009 at 3:52 am

yeah betting wise i'd have bet on that fight but as i can't bet on all the fights and not just the ME's I'd never get the return on it.

8. BILL

August 7, 2009 at 5:35 am

I THINK FORREST WILL WIN SILVA IS VERY GOOD BUT I THINK HES FINALLY GOING TO BE BEAT IN THIS ONE HES HAD A GOOD RUN AND NOW HES GONNA GET TESTED FOR SURE FOREST WILL OVER POWER HIM AND I THINK IT WILL END WITH A TKO 2ND ROUND BUT A GOOD FIGHT ALL AROUND THEY BOTH BETTER BRING THERE BEST!!!

9. Jay

August 7, 2009 at 5:42 am

Bill are you ok?? Silva will lose by tko?? GET REAL SILVA IS QUICKER THAN FORREST AND HE WILL ROCK HIM FOR SURE. NOBODY IN THE WORLD THOUGHT THAT ANDERSON WAS GONNA CHOKE OUT HENDERSEN. EVERYBODY SAID HE HAD A WEAK GROUND GAME. DONT BE SURPRISED IF SILVA CHOKES OUT FORREST TOO

10. Jay

August 7, 2009 at 5:45 am

MIke, Rich Franklin, Hendersen, Marquart are not average fighters. Their like top 5 for your info

11. Mike

August 7, 2009 at 6:08 am

top 5 in a shit weight division…. yes

none of these fighters make it onto the top 10 p4p.

12. Jay

August 7, 2009 at 6:18 am

I just anderson Sparring on MMA hooked and he got hit hard like 5 times on his jaw and he didnt even feel it. He said getting hit on the jaw is peanuts for me. Believe me Forrest is not going to hurt Silva on his feet AT ALL

13. N/A

August 7, 2009 at 8:01 am

Jay, I really hope Anderson gets his ass kicked by Forrest because I know you'll be heart broken and have to cry yourself that night…You're Anderson Love Sick…Yes, he is very good, but he's human just like anyone else and can be beat. Forrest beat Rampage and Shogun and nobody gave him a chance against either one of them. Forrest has shown the ability to be better then someone else for one night , even though they're normally better then Forrest. BTW, i dont really like either Forrest or Anderson but, I do think Anderson will win. But, don't count out Forrest just yet, remember it's a fight and anything can happen.

14. Jay

August 7, 2009 at 9:00 am

I'm not being a dick I'm just confident and I believe in My fighter

15. John Newbie

August 7, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Jay does have a point. Anderson Is a top level fighter. Rashad is not at the same level as Anderson and He beat Forrest. Forrest has to be smart in this fight and not try to stand with the spider or else he will end on the ground and wake up not knowing what area code he is in. Forrest cannot get careless because Silva has BJJ. Also What i noticed about Silva is that he is effective with his punches when he hits a down opponent example was when he fought Marquart he had so much reach and landed superior power from the top when Marquart was on the ground. Dont underestimate Anderson's ground game either he is slick and gets better ever time.

16. Kash

August 7, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Rashad has top level fighting instinct but he doesn't have the arsenal that Anderson Silva has. At the weighin's Silva was pretty much as big as Forrest. I like Forrest a lot but I don't think he has a chance in this fight.

17. John Newbie

August 7, 2009 at 1:27 pm

He has a Chance. But not a very good chance. Silva is very creative I think he will tant forrest to bring his game and than attack him.