Video: Wanderlei Silva Trains For UFC 79

Updated: December 7, 2007

Training for his career, Wanderlei Silva spars with Coach Shawn Tompkins, during a training session at Xtreme Couture.

Wanderlei will take on Chuck Liddell on December 29 at UFC 79 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Both legendary fighters are coming off loses and a defeat at UFC 79 could send Chuck or Wanderlei into retirement.

December 7, 2007 at 3:47 am

how big is Wanderlei Silva

2. kom34

December 7, 2007 at 5:26 am

I think Chuck has about 2 inches of height advantage and probably a reach advantage. But check out Wandi, the guy is solid muscle. Its 6 pack vs. Keg in this fight.

December 7, 2007 at 6:24 am

Its 6 pack vs. Keg in this fight.

hahaha,, i think chuck is going down

4. Morey

December 7, 2007 at 6:29 am

I really can't pick a winner right now. All I know is that Wandi isn't going out there to outpoint Chuck so one way or the other, there is going to be a KO. If I had to put money down on someone I would put it down right now it would have to be for "Keg."

5. dane drebin

December 7, 2007 at 1:02 pm

i hope both men look good so that one doesnt retire afterwards… im picking wandy right now jsut cuz hes younger… and is training with couture… yet i think if he goes in wild and chases chuck like he does a lot of guys he will have a bad night

6. JOE

December 9, 2007 at 6:26 pm

I'll be cheering for Chuck, but I think he's going to catch an ass whoopin'. It's sad, I'd hate to see him get three straight losses then retire. If Wanderlei losses, I don't think he'll retire.

7. dane drebin

December 11, 2007 at 2:36 pm

ya i hope chuck finds the eye of the tiger soon but maybe everyone callin him lazy isnt right like the guy is almost 38 give him some respect u know couture set the bar pretty high lol

8. Ventura

December 18, 2007 at 3:31 am

WANDERLEI DESTROY ICEMAN IN THE FIRST ROUND.. I PROMISSE

9. DanP

December 26, 2007 at 6:25 am

It's a fight I've wanted to see for a long time… but I'm a big fan of both… so it's gonna be hard to watch! Especially cos they're both coming off 2 loses.

I reckon Wandy will win by 2nd round KO… but I would like to see a very close fight with Wandy going down cos he chased Chuck and got caught… that way both fighters still look good and no one retires.

I thought chuck looked terrible against Jardine… but maybe everyone underestimated Jardine… afterall he did KO Griffin!

Its a great card to finish the year!