Wanderlei Silva On Being A UFC Ambassador To Australia

Updated: November 24, 2009

“The Axe Murder” Wenderlei Silva is pumped up about fighting Yoshihiro “Sexyama” Akiyama at UFC 110 in Sydney Australia.

1. Hall

November 24, 2009 at 4:56 am

I hope Wand can pull this one off ! I miss the old Wand. He is the reason I started watching mma. It seems like when he got back in the UFC it kinda screwed him up some. Ive always been use to Wand being aggresive kicking and kneeing his aponents while they were down or stomping them, but I know these rules dont appliy in UFC. Wand has got get his mojo back. I know you people call me a Fedor nuthugger but if ever Fedor were to fight Wand I would be with Wand 100%. I would love to see Anderson vs Wand maybe it will happen one day.

2. timmy

November 24, 2009 at 5:37 am

“The Axe Murder” Wenderlei Silva is one of the best fighters in MMA history. This man Rained in PRIDE for 5 or more years. I believe he has seen his peak/climax. But I still love to watch him fight. like you HALL he is one of the first fighters that I got behind and enjoyed watching his art of fighting. There is no one like “The Axe Murder”.

3. T.R.

November 24, 2009 at 7:31 am

He is still young enough. I think he can resurge like coutoure did. I also LOVE to watch Wandy slug.

4. Luke

November 24, 2009 at 8:31 am

I just read elsewhere – Wandelei Silva Vs. Michael Bisping at the australia event. Not sure how much truth to the rumor but Fighters Only magazine have it on their website as does MMA mania and Bloody Elbow.

5. Luke

November 24, 2009 at 8:41 am

It's also on Bisping.tv. Apparently UFC were looking for a stronger main event for the Australia card. Im guessing they found it. If its true i think its a great fight for both guys in this stage of their careers.

6. rory

November 24, 2009 at 8:41 am

yeah ive heard this too. bisping by decision. bisping has the ability to out box him for 3 rounds but i dnt think has the ability to knock him out standind

7. Luke

November 24, 2009 at 8:45 am

Mike isn't really known to have KO power but Wands chin has to come in to question. Bisping is the more technical fighter but if Wand catches him with a power shot we may see a repeat of the Hendo fight.

I agree rory – Bisping by decision.

8. Jay

November 24, 2009 at 9:26 am

Are you excited for this fight? Wanderlai says "not too much"?????

9. Hall

November 25, 2009 at 5:01 am

Bisping bores me I hope this fight ends early . Knok em out Wand!