Wanderlei Silva Road To UFC 79, New

Updated: November 28, 2007

Breaking News, Wanderlei loves Taco Bell!

1. Morey

November 28, 2007 at 4:36 am

Good interview. I like him and Liddell so all I'm hoping for is a good fight with a finish. After he can have all the Taco Bell he wants.

2. Strunky

November 28, 2007 at 9:33 am

Wanderlei is top 3 for me. I don't dislike Liddell, but Silva's got my vote.

3. Realwun

November 28, 2007 at 9:52 am

I think that unless Wandi learned his lesson this is going to be a hard fight for him. Liddell likes to back away and land heavy counter strikes. If you saw Wandi vs. CroCop 2…thats what Crocop did to him, backed away and struck hard when there was an opening. Once he softened him up then he stalked Wandi and finished him.

4. derek

November 28, 2007 at 1:40 pm

i think brock lesnar should have been matched up with tim silvia. both are tall. silvia needs to get exposed.

November 28, 2007 at 2:19 pm

i think Wandi does not match up well with chuck but idk now cuz Wandi has been working with Randy so idk i think we r going to see the best Wandi yet… its going to be a great fight and not go the distance

6. KOPower

November 28, 2007 at 2:24 pm

because Silvia would win that fight. He's underrated as shit and I won 500 on his last fight because everyone thought he was going to get his ass whooped. He's not fast, he's boring, but he does seem to get it done. Couture outsmarted a fighter that was set in his ways. His height and reach advantage alone would be a problem for Brock, not a good matchup for him at all right now.

Brock is good but he's still a newbie to MMA. The UFC is feeding Mir to him because they think Mir has shown that he doesnt have the cardio he used to have, can be KO'd, and although great on the ground, Brock's wrestling will power him out of a bad situation.

7. JOE

November 28, 2007 at 7:53 pm

I'm giving the fight to Wanderlei even though I'd hate to see Liddell lose three in a row then just retire.

Tim (Poopy pants) Silvia underrated?..hmmm…Well, instead of a long rant of Tim Silvia bashing, I'll just say that I'm glad you got 500 bucks from something he did. I'm glad someone got some enjoyment out of one of his performances. Everyone else got ripped off about $40.00

>:D

8. KOPower

November 28, 2007 at 8:10 pm

Ill tell you why he's overrated. Ever heard of Shaq. Yeah, that guy sucks shit and cant make a basket past 5 feet. But he is so big that any center doesnt match up good aginst him. Same with Tim Silvia. The heavyweight division spans 60 lbs. That is nutz and Tim should be in another division but intil they figure out that 60 lbs. is too much for one division, he is going to win the majority of fights….the Shaq effect as I call it. And I'll still be getting paid.

9. JOE

November 28, 2007 at 8:27 pm

I agree. That is a very good analogy. But, that's my complaint. I think that's all he has going for him. Not trying to draw any Silvia fans into another debate.(God knows I've had 100 of them) I just wanted to tug your nuts a little about the 500 bucks. I'm glad you responded to it. I'm going to start using your thoery.

10. Joe

November 29, 2007 at 11:16 am

Back to Wanderlei, I like his diet. "One day is a rice and chicken, another day is a chicken and rice."

November 29, 2007 at 1:30 pm