Wanderlei Silva’s Locker Room Reaction To His UFC 99 Fight With Rich Franklin

Updated: June 17, 2009
Wanderlei Silva’s Locker Room Reaction To His UFC 99 Fight With Rich Franklin

Wanderlei Silva talks 30 minutes after his bout with Rich Franklin at UFC 99.

1. derek

June 17, 2009 at 2:59 am

fight was a draw. i don't think franklin won it convincingly. wanderlei didn't exactly win it either. both tried hard and deserve much respect.

2. Mike

June 17, 2009 at 3:07 am

i agree with Derek here.

3. Jude

June 17, 2009 at 6:56 am

That was a hell of a fight, they both gave it their all & that's all I ask for when I put up my 50.00 bucks. I don't believe Rich won all 3 rounds & felt it was an insult to Silva. The guy fights because he loves to & know there are fans out here that deserve to see them go at it, not dance around eachothere for 3 rounds. I thought it was a great night of fights all around, good card,everyone came to fight!!!!

4. TJ

June 17, 2009 at 6:14 pm

yea…that should have been a draw. i was really hoping the judges would give in to wand tho. hopefully he will get a few more fights in before he has to retire, because he is what mma is all about. he fights with all hes got, and he never backs off, or runs around trying to get out of danger. he is a true warrior, and a legend in the sport. and i would LOVE to see him fight A.Silva. im sure he wouldnt be scared to stand+bang with anderson, unlike most of his past opponents.

5. Cobra Clutch

June 17, 2009 at 8:17 pm

It was basically a draw, but I bet the knockdown swayed it 2-1 in Rich's favor.

6. DanP

June 17, 2009 at 11:04 pm

I hope they don't drop Wandi right in at the deep end at 185 (Okami, Hendo, Bisping or Marquadt)… I'd rather see him fight lower guys for a while and get some solid wins under his belt… What about;

Ed Herman

Leban

Belcher

If they can start Bisping off with Charles McCarthy and Jason Day – why not ease the Axe Murderer into 185!

After a few fights there's the likes ofthen maybe

Cote

Kendal Grove…

Leties

Should be interesting!

7. Cobra Clutch

June 18, 2009 at 4:02 am

I don't think Wandy would do well at 185. He was gassed at the 195 catch-weight. He had to cut like 20 for the fight. I think 185 is too much for him at this age.