WEC 42 Torres vs Bowles Results

Updated: August 9, 2009
torres vs bowles weigh-in

torres vs bowles weigh-in

wec 42 quick results

• Brian Bowles defeats Miguel “Angel” Torres via technical knockout (strikes) at 3:57 in round one
  • Dominick Cruz defeats Joseph Benavidez via unanimous decision, (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
  • Danny Castillo defeats Ricardo Lamas via technical knockout (strikes) at 4:15 of round two
  • Takeya Mizugaki defeats Jeff “The Big Frog” Curran via split decision, (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
  • Leonard Garcia defeats Jameel Massouh via split decision, (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
  • Cole Province defeats Fredson Paixao via unanimous decision, (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
  • Shane Roller defeats Marcus Hicks via unanimous decision, (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
  • Ed Ratcliff defeats Phil Cardella via unanimous decision, (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
  • Diego Nunes defeats Rafael Dias via unanimous decision, (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
  • Rani Yahya defeats John Hosman via submission (north/south choke) at 2:08 of round one
  • LC Davis defeats Javier Vasquez via split decision. (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)

1. krage

August 9, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Bowles had the power after all.

2. Just another mma dud

August 9, 2009 at 10:19 pm

Torres is a great fighter but he needed this wakeup call. Bowles was my favorate in this fight but I wouldn't have predicted this outcome. And I have to admit, when I saw Torres shake his head "no" to touching gloves at the start, I wanted something bad to happen to him. I can't stand poor sportsmanship. Way better fight than anything on UFC 101, for sure.

3. gonzo

August 9, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Bowles and Torres a Technical Knockout? He knocked that motherf**er out! I dont know what everybodies problem with UFC 101 is,I thought it was a great card other than the early stoppage of Hendricks and Amir. BJ Penn looked awesome, and Sylva proved once again that he is on a level that no one in MMA is at yet, except mabey his friend Machida.

4. STEVEO

August 10, 2009 at 12:28 am

I agree KO he was out cold

5. Just another mma dud

August 10, 2009 at 1:03 am

Yeah, that was no TKO. That was a KO…by the time Torres woke up his mullet was back in style.

August 10, 2009 at 1:42 am

garcie so lost that fight

7. Miguel Torres

August 10, 2009 at 1:50 am

Must wake up and train for the Bowles fight….Wait…What? That already happened? When? Wait a second….where's my belt? Where am I? It's a week later already? Huh?

8. Tim

August 10, 2009 at 2:54 am

Congrats to Bowles….

9. whodini

August 13, 2009 at 10:27 am

yeah he got his ass whooped and i was glad to see Benavidez lose i dont like his style of fighting … kinda like Sean Shirk looks like his arms are too short he misses alot …

10. TJ

August 13, 2009 at 1:36 pm

im a mizugaki fan, but even i thought that curran won that fight. anyone agree? but i was glad to see torres get his ass knocked out. he needed to realize, he aint untouchable. he aint the greatest