WEC Faber vs. Brown 2 Headed For PPV In June?

Updated: March 3, 2009
faber-vs-brown

faber-vs-brown

Break out your wallets fight fans, the WEC might be making it PPV debut this summer with the rematch between featherweights Urijah Faber and Mike Brown. The long rumored transition to PPV was confirmed by UFC President Dana White while promoting UFC 99 in Germany.

“I’m very confident its [Faber vs. Brown 2] going to happen … I’m very, very confident it’s going to be on pay-per-view… (And) I’m very, very, very confident it will happen in Sacramento.” [KHTK radio in Sacramento]

The event will likely take place at the Arco Arena in Sacramento, Fabers hometown.

1. Oswald Gobblecock

March 2, 2009 at 10:03 pm

I want to see this fight but I won't kick in to see it on PPV like I do with UFC PPVs.

2. Al

March 2, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Although I do want to see this fight, theres gotta be more fights i wanna actually see to put money into it.

3. mike

March 2, 2009 at 11:06 pm

ill just watch it online like everyone else. nobody i know would pay for this. i suggest justintv or one of the other sites that air ppv live for free.

dana should just keep wec on vs.

most likely just dana trying to build hype for wec.

March 3, 2009 at 2:01 am

they better have jose alod vs garcie..jamie vs cowboy??jens vs anyone easy..

all those fighters better be on the card or know is order this..

5. roy

March 3, 2009 at 4:00 am

i think if they put everyone of there top guys on the card than maybe, they would need every belt on the line as well.it would be hard to pay for something that we have been watching for free all this time.

6. shawn m.

March 3, 2009 at 4:13 am

hey, Dana thanks for screwin UFC & WEC fans out of great fights foyour profit! boxing did the same and they aren't doing so great. MMA is the future of all combat sports don't take it from the fans that don't have alot of money at the worst possible time!!!!!!!!

7. dane drebin

March 3, 2009 at 7:46 am

this is too much too soon. my guess is if this is true the paperview buys will be pittyful and it will go back to free tv. the wec doesnt have enough well known fighters yet. they should have tried to get wec on a better station that everyone watches before this move. almost all my friends who arent hardcore fans hardly know any of the wec fighters other than faber and pulver.

8. Texican

March 3, 2009 at 7:54 am

this will be a waste of ratings for WEC.

9. roy

March 3, 2009 at 8:43 am

i still think they handles the wec wrong, they should have added the lighter weights to the ufc if they want them to be ppv and left the wec as the lower league for free tv or to send fighters to get some wins or up and coming fighters to get a start.or due like dane said get them on a better channel for more coverage first, or at least make the ppv 14.99 cause even that they might not get.

10. Tim

March 3, 2009 at 8:53 am

Faber should win this time around.

11. Kash

March 3, 2009 at 10:23 am

Yeah I'm going to wait to see what the other fight are before I dish out any money.

12. Ryan S

March 3, 2009 at 11:08 am

Depending on who else is on teh card, I'd buy it. I think Faber got knocked out doing an off the wall counter, not discrediting Brown at all, because he is a hell of a striker. I would love to see these two face off again.

13. steve

March 3, 2009 at 11:25 am

No way in hell would I ever pay to see these on PPV. Sometimes I dont even buy the UFC cards so why the hell would I pay to see a bunch of b level fighters that most of which I have never even seen fight before.

14. Twayne

May 7, 2009 at 3:45 am

fuck this shit im not payin for this crap imma watch it for free

15. Don

May 15, 2009 at 2:36 am

WEC is just not strong enough to switch to PPV quite yet they dont have the publicity or good enough fighters.

May 15, 2009 at 4:27 am

i agree

17. alphonse

May 30, 2009 at 4:20 pm

http://www.MMA.com all ppvfights hour after fight for free!

18. cam

June 7, 2009 at 8:37 am

urijah faber is going to kill mike brown

19. Mike Brown

June 7, 2009 at 12:31 pm

I'd like to knock Urijahs head into the 3rd row.

20. Mike Brown

June 7, 2009 at 1:31 pm

I'm sad.

21. Kyle Edinger

June 10, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Hey, no reason to be getting all pissed with Dana. He's probably only gonna put this fight up so it's no big deal. And anyways, UFC's been making the most money in sports overall the past 2-3 years. I'm going to buy it because it's going to be a good fight and well worth it.

22. dane drebin

June 10, 2009 at 6:16 pm

a lil late kyle the fight all ready happened and it was for free lol