WEC News: Dan Henderson Calls Filho A Roider

Updated: January 31, 2008
paulo filho

paulo filho

In a recent interview with MMANews, “Hollywood” Dan Henderson has some choice words to say about fellow PRIDE alumni Paulo Filho:

MMANews.com:What are your thoughts on Paulo Filho?

Dan Henderson: I don’t think he has been very impressive in his last two performances since coming to the US but I think that’s what not being able to use Steroids will do to you.

MMANews.com:Are you saying Filho may be a juicer?

Dan Henderson: Well that’s my opinion anyway. He hasn’t looked good since he left Pride.

MMANews.com: Was steroid abuse a problem in Pride?

Dan Henderson: People didn’t get tested.

January 31, 2008 at 1:27 am

hahaha h shouldnt be 2 in the world or in the top 3

2. Joe

January 31, 2008 at 1:36 am

He probably does juice. I wouldn't doubt it.

3. roy

January 31, 2008 at 3:25 am

i agree he is good but i would not put him in the top 5 m.w. and dan seems like a up and up guy i don't think he would talk shit if he did not beleave it was true.

4. Nate Fury

January 31, 2008 at 3:28 am

If "Dangerous" Dan Henderson dislikes someone in the MMA world it's for a reason. Henderson is a world class fighter and one of the best in the world. Any guys Henderson does'nt like, I would'nt like either. Good luck to the "Dangerous One" in March when he kicks Anderson Silva's ass.

5. Morey

January 31, 2008 at 4:36 am

I can believe that. I can tell from his recent fights that he has a ton of experience and technique but he just doesnt seem as strong and agressive.

6. derek

January 31, 2008 at 5:37 am

yeah that's why most people agree that filho should not be a top 5 middleweight. he hasn't been the same since leaving pride and getting off the juice.

7. dane drebin

January 31, 2008 at 12:35 pm

thats a pretty big accusation it would be fucked up if he was just saying that

8. derek

January 31, 2008 at 12:38 pm

yeah we don't want dan henderson / paulo fiho turning into another bj penn / sean sherk!

9. BRANDON

January 31, 2008 at 1:19 pm

As much as this could definitly be true…i really dont thinkg, regaurdless of personal feelings, Henderson should ever rat anyone out like that, the only conditions i would do that is if I had to fight him

10. renots

February 1, 2008 at 7:37 am

just a wile ago my friend told me the filho looks like Steve-0 On steroids.

11. derek

February 1, 2008 at 7:59 am

does your friend know that stevo-o has brown hair and not black hair?

12. dane drebin

February 1, 2008 at 8:15 am

hahahaha i see the stevo in him

13. roy

February 1, 2008 at 9:06 am

they do look alike

14. JOE

February 3, 2008 at 8:29 pm

It is a strong accusation, but really I'll bet the percentage (of juicers) in MMA is much higher than everyone here thinks. I don't care who tests positive, it never surprises me.

15. Jun Da Silva

February 6, 2008 at 6:47 pm

Well it looks like not just Paulo is a juicer, I think Cro-Cop, Shogun, and Wand are juicers too, if you've seen their preformance in the UFC is was anything but amazing as their glory days in Pride. I still would hope someone brings back some thing as good as Pride.:(

16. Jun Da Silva

February 8, 2008 at 9:00 am

Yes it's higher, but these fighters lost their magic with out the juice their mediorce. Maybe Pride didn't test but it was magic just viewing one of their shows, well at least some of us still have our Pride dvd's to remember the good old days of MMA. :)

17. Jun Da Silva

February 12, 2008 at 8:11 am

Cro-Cop was a bad ass in PRIDE now he looks like he would be better off directing traffic in Croatia and giving out parking tickets. His performance in the UFC has been anything but exciting, I believe this guy had to be on the juice. What happened to Cro-Cop we used to know??????

18. Mike

March 5, 2008 at 7:00 am

BJ Penn is one to talk shit about juicers @ sean….hell Bj is a pothead. He's just pissed because he (BJ) is built like a pudgy 12 year old boy!

19. roy

March 5, 2008 at 8:07 am

he may look like that but he kicks ass and will beat sherk,as far as the pot who cares its not even close to steroids and b.j has not tested positive for pot like sherk did for steroids so why bring it up.

20. Mike is Gay

April 24, 2008 at 4:10 am

Mike felt to defend his kind. gay ass bastard!