WEC News: Paulo Filho vs. Chael Sonnen Postponed Till June

Updated: March 5, 2008
Chael Sonnen vs. paulo filho

Chael Sonnen vs. paulo filho

According to the Brazilian website TaTame, the rematch between WEC light heavyweight champion Paulo Filho and Chael Sonnen at WEC 33 on March 26 will be postponed till WEC 34 on June 1.

The reason for the postponement, THE BLUES….It seem Paulo Filho has been a little unmotivated to train and asked the WEC to postpone the fight so that he can train properly for the fight. Here’s a little clip:

“I wasn’t on a good moment, had depression but I’m rising now and the Americans forced me to fight now. I’m not afraid of winning or losing, but I wasn’t motivated to train, wasn’t training well, so I decided to do what the contract says and transferred the fight to June”

1. Scooby Doo

March 5, 2008 at 2:41 am

He didn't look that good the first time they fought plus the other guy was takin it to him, so he has to get to cob webs out and give another shot , it won't matter i think Sonnen will take it in 2nd fight anyways.

2. roy

March 5, 2008 at 4:21 am

he was going through steroid with draws

March 5, 2008 at 4:37 am

hahah hell yeah.. what a big ass fucking pussy.. he has the belt and needs to step up and fight and stop acting like a bitch..

4. shogun5811

March 5, 2008 at 8:06 am

agreed, filho is a bitch "i cant fight cuz i havent been training" hahaha wtf? isnt it his fault he isnt training? fuck paulo filho & i hope he gets stomped against sonnen

5. kom34

March 5, 2008 at 9:37 am

after that comment by filho i hope he looks bad again against sonnen and loses his belt. its not like he'll ever fight anderson silva anyway so i don't even know what he's working for.

6. dane drebin

March 5, 2008 at 9:46 am

that has got to be the lamest excuse ive ever heard. what if other mma champions used that as an excuse. chuck: oh i dont want to fight rampage cuz im not in a good mood. give me a break!!!

oh and hes not the light heavyweight champion he's the midle weight champion

7. treebranch

March 5, 2008 at 11:41 pm

I can't believe the WEC would allow this crap. What a llittle beotch! I had alot of respect for Filho before this, now, I hope he gets his ass kicked.

8. roy

March 7, 2008 at 5:57 am

the fight is back on filho is going to fight him in march as planned.