XARM UFC Style Arm Wrestling?

Updated: October 23, 2008
xarm1

The founding members of UFC are at it again, first Bob Meyrowitz’s YAMMA Pit Fighting and now this! A new sport called XARM, is a mix of MMA and Arm Wrestling and is set to take the Mixed Martial Arts world by storm.

Art Davie:

Earlier this year I came up with an idea, for something completely new: a combat sport for the digital age. XARM is a new sport with action entertainment even more intense than MMA. It’s geared for the Internet and guaranteed to look good on an IPOD® or a Blackberry®. A fighting sport that was pure action! And so XARM was born….a combination of hardcore arm wrestling, kickboxing and jiu-jitsu.

In an XARM bout the way to win is to pin your opponent’s arm or knock him out. There are only three rounds – and the rounds are only a minute long. We discovered in the gym that any longer was too hard on the fighters. The action in this sport is tremendous. Athletes are tethered to the table and their grip hands are strapped together, so there’s nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. It’s real hand-to-hand combat. But, like any competitive sport, there are rules and a special 10-point must system if a bout goes to a decision.

This sport is truly created for the digital age. We have some high tech stuff coming that will blow your mind. Consider this:

* Combat gloves wired with special sensors that tell you how hard those left hooks are landing
* A running count of how many punches are being thrown and when they land
* A combat table wired with sensors that record every arm wrestling pin
* Even the ref has a camera and a microphone mounted right in his eyeglasses so you see action from his perspective too!

Watch the Promo Video Here

1. dane drebin

October 23, 2008 at 5:57 pm

when i read it i thought it might be interesting but was skeptical. after watching it i think this is stupid as fuck lol

2. CagE

October 23, 2008 at 6:20 pm

dane …. I couldn't have said it better

3. boink

October 23, 2008 at 6:49 pm

ha…

4. Oswald Gobblecock

October 23, 2008 at 6:51 pm

There's no arm wrestling to it, just guys fight while their left hands are tied together… looks fucking stupid! lol

5. Nikolai

October 23, 2008 at 7:27 pm

LOL, it's about as stupid as the fighting in REDBELT, only it's not a movie w/ Tim Allan

6. tony

October 23, 2008 at 7:47 pm

I like it! I like it's competitive nature and the challenge. This is the stuff the UFC should really consider. It's fresh, it's exciting and unpredictable. I can see one of the big networks picking this up faster than any MMA organization. Oh yeah, did I tell you I come from a planet where only stupid, stupid, stupid and extremely stupid come from? The creator of this should seriously seek help! I almost can't believe it!

7. Naco21

October 24, 2008 at 12:09 am

…the return of Tank Abbot! They should just let em take shots of Tequilla between rounds. Fuckn ridiculous!

October 24, 2008 at 12:38 am

tank abbot will kill that this ha

9. Haxy Hax Hax

October 24, 2008 at 1:26 am

This is sad, I don't know if they want to MMA or arm wrestle. This is just lame. Whats the point of even having them start off in the arm wrestling position.

10. miko

October 24, 2008 at 2:19 am

I just don't see a large audience interested in this.

Oh my god this is worse than the XFL

11. DrMike

October 24, 2008 at 2:40 am

I watched a couple of the episodes at xarm.com. Looks kinda plausible, we'll see.

12. Alvan Dal

October 24, 2008 at 2:44 am

Looks like 2 chics fightin over a purse.

13. Alex

October 24, 2008 at 3:20 am

Shit they stole my idea…I was going to be the Dana White of what I called "Ultimate Arm Tied MMA." Bastards.

14. Ryan S

October 24, 2008 at 3:46 am

Tony, I thought you were serious. Yeah, maybe if they were in a cage or something. Like a one handed fight, but this is just stupid. Why start in a seated position? Is there even any way to train for this? You just take turns throwing shots. None of the punches really even look good, they are all pretty wild. THIS WILL NOT STICK.

15. kom34

October 24, 2008 at 3:51 am

this really is human cockfighting here. just trade blows until someone gives up. oh wait. theres sensors in the gloves so that makes it legit.

16. Ian

October 24, 2008 at 5:14 am

I think this was put here so people wouldn't look at MMA as being human cockfighting,and XARM would get that label.Then MMA would be widely considered a sport and completely lose the title of human cockfighting.

"Art Davie co-founded WOW Promotions with Rorion Gracie, which started the “War of the Worlds” tournament, which later was renamed the Ultimate Fighting Championships. In 1995 Davie sold his interest in the UFC and is now looking for a comeback with XARM."

This statement leads me to believe that maybe ZUFFA had some kind of role in creating this to cast the evil eye off MMA and put it onto to something,to completely legitimatize MMA and ultimately bring in more money.

17. kom34

October 24, 2008 at 6:13 am

these guys arent in alliance with zuffa trust me. they have been trying to come up with an idea like the ufc since they sold the idea over a decade ago. they tried to revamp the cage and now the fight. i think they are one hit wonders though.

18. crynot

October 24, 2008 at 7:36 am

This is the gayest thing I've ever seen! I can't believe A) someone thought of this and B) people actually do it.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Naco21

October 24, 2008 at 7:45 am

i just watched it again…did you hear the crowd yelling,"knees, knees!" hahaha lmfao!

20. Andre

October 24, 2008 at 7:49 am

the creater of this has got to be insane by no means does this shit make sense , i mean what kind of tecnique is involved here definitly no mma skills . what a bunch of clowns.

21. zalbag

October 24, 2008 at 8:21 am

three things 1) when do the gracies open a camp for this lol

2) this is something Kimbo might be able to win

3) lets be serious the only thing more ridiculous then this is would be two on two or two on one cagefighting.

22. Ryan S

October 24, 2008 at 9:34 am

with that chin, I don't think Kimbo could handle this.

23. jbraytown

October 25, 2008 at 10:05 am

that is some of the stupidest shit I have ever seen, good luck with that…

24. jbraytown

October 25, 2008 at 10:06 am

oh yeah, this is not a fucking sport!!!!

25. Rock

October 25, 2008 at 10:26 am

i gotta agree…that's some really stupid shit.

26. TIM

October 30, 2008 at 5:03 am

What is the point to this shit?

27. paris sportifs

March 17, 2009 at 12:37 am

Video is inhuman, two men were hit as they have their hands tied between them is anything